Friday, April 8, 2016

Georgia on my mind

I'm taking a break from Fearless Friday because y'all know what time it is, right?? First week of April must mean it's Masters Week!

I've got a little Georgia on my mind. Azaleas, Green jackets, Bulldogs.  Ok, that one slipped in there. My baby girl is a student at UGA...GO DAWGS!


BTW, UGA is well represented this year at the Masters Tournament. Bubba Watson, Harris English, Chris Kirk, Kevin Kisner, and Patrick Reed all played golf at UGA. Go Dawgs! Did I say that already?

Now let's talk Masters.  Augusta National and The Masters are on my bucket list! Every year I put my name in the ticket lottery.  Every year I get a "we're sorry, you weren't selected" email. Boo!  If anyone is listening, er, reading and has connections all I really want is to attend a practice round... or two. A girl can dream, right? ;)

For 2016 I'll be watching The Masters Tournament from the comfort of my home.  Of course in true Southern fashion, I'm making a party out of it.


  • Cocktail-The Azalea (1 part lime or lemon juice, 1 part pineapple juice, 2-3 parts gin depending on how strong you like 'em, a splash of grenadine)
  • Savory-Pimento cheese
  • Sweet-Peach galette

The Azalea is the official cocktail of The Masters. No run of the mill grenadine will do. You must make your own! Trust me, it's easy and tastes way better than the crap you buy at the store.  Visit The Kitchn for an delish grenadine recipe.

Palmetto Cheese with JalapeƱos will be the star!  Think sourdough bread, pimento cheese, Wright Brand bacon (there's really NONE better!) all toasted up to yummy goodness! 

I'm riffing Simply Recipe's peach galette recipe using the shortcut of a ready-made pie crust.  The peaches are pure South Carolina! Did you know South Carolina produces more peaches than Georgia?

My shaker hand has been busy! And we do try to keep things classy around here--cocktails served in fine Waterford crystal.  FORE!  





No comments: