Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wine Wednesday!

Y'all, I have a new favorite place to tell you about. And since it's Wednesday it must serve wine ;)

Fortyeight (48) Wine Bar recently opened at Freshfields Village out at the crossroads of Seabrook Island and Kiawah Island.  This place is pretty amazing.  Every day they have 48 wines available by the glass.  Yes, that's 48! EVERY DAY!  Fortyeight Wine Bar also has 48 craft beers available (right now these are only available by the bottle or can).

Round up your girlfriends, your significant other, or go by yourself (heck, I went one afternoon while my daughter was getting a massage at Urban Nirvana.  We both won that day! :) ).

Here's what you need to know before entering Fortyeight:  Have your credit card ready.  You will swap out your credit card for a WINE card.  This magic wine card is used...to get your wine.

The wine is stored in these really cool dispenser kiosk-thingies (yeah, technical words).  Like wines are stationed together--whites/roses, reds, and the "high dollar" wines.
example of wine dispenser
After deciding which wine you'd like to sample, grab a clean wine glass, insert your wine card into the dispenser kiosk and place your glass under the "tap".

At this point, you will have to decide if you'd like a 1) tasting sample-1 ounce pour; 2) a half glass- 2.5 ounce pour; or 3) the full glass--a generous 5 ounce pour!

I highly recommend starting with the tasting sample.  There was a wine I *knew* I'd love, only to discover it did not taste good to me (Remember the best wine is what tastes good to you!).  Thankfully, I can chug an ounce of wine easily.

If you like your tasting sample, feel free to dispense the full pour on top of the sample size (yeah, you know I did that a couple of times too.).  Oh, remember to get your magic wine card out of the dispenser.

With your filled wine glass you're ready to enjoy the company of your SO, friends, or just hanging out by yourself.  If you get hungry, Fortyeight can fix that right up.  The menu runs from nibbles, salads, and light entrees.

The afternoon the mister and I stopped by Fortyeight, I ordered up the pimento cheese trio appetizer.  Here's the thing, the mister doesn't like pimento cheese so I knew I'd have that trio all to myself.  I did share the spicy pretzels with him.

Pimento cheese trio-Yum!



Fortyeight Wine Bar has seating both inside and out.  With the nice Seabrook/Kiawah weather, I'm betting folks will take advantage of the outdoor patio.

One last tip--Fortyeight Wine Bar occasionally offers a HAPPIER HOUR (usually 4pm-6pm).  Wines are offered at a 20% discount.

Now I'm off to pour myself a glass of wine.  Cheers!

No comments: