Friday, March 15, 2019

St Patrick's Day Celebration

It's here--St Patrick's Day weekend!!  (y'all getting the idea I celebrate a holiday longer than its expected celebration period?? 😉 )

This St Patrick's Day when my Mr. puts on his "Today I'm Irish" pin, he really means it.  He just found out he is 11% Irish.  That's enough for us all to jump up and do a little Irish jig.  Lol

In honor of his (barely there) Irish heritage, I'm upping my Irish food and drink game.  The Guinness, Harps, and Smithwicks beers have been purchased. PSA--please, please, please do NOT pronounce it Smith-wicks!!  The W is silent.  Acceptable pronunciations are "Smi-thicks","Smith-icks", and "Smi-ddicks".

The Guinness dark chocolate cheesecake has been baked.  Kevin over at Closet Cooking is a Guinness genius! I'll be digging around for some more recipes to cook up.

Locals, Low Tide Brewing is offering special green glitter beer this weekend.  McCann's Irish Pub on Seabrook will be open Sunday, March 17 from 10 am- 10 pm! Sláinte!

No comments: