Friday, February 10, 2012

New Restaurant-Mama Q's

**2016 Update--Mama Q's is closed**


Another "new to me" restaurant--Mama Q's Kitchen on John's Island

When I first glanced over Mama Q's menu, I thought "uh-oh."  There are burgers, BBQ, sandwiches, hot dogs, wings, AND tacos.  What a combo!

After doing a little research, I discovered "Mama" is Kim Quintero of Mexican heritage, raised in Arkansas, and skilled in Memphis-style BBQ.  Ah-ha!  Knowing Mama's background explains the menu.

Hmmm, I think I'll have some chicken soft tacos, some "crazy hot wings", and a side of fried pickles.  Thank you.

Or maybe, it'll be a big Mexi-burger and some sloppy fries?

Check out City Paper's write up of Mama Q's and reviews on Urban Spoon.


Mama Q's is located on John's Island in the Builders 1 Resource Plaza across the street from Fat Hen.

(843) 559-0071
3157 Maybank Hwy Unit E
Johns Island, SC 29455



Hours:
Mon, Sun Closed
Tue 11:30am–3pm--Lunch only
Wed 11:30am–8:30pm-Lunch and dinner
Thu-Fri 11:30am–9pm-Lunch and dinner
Sat 12–9pm-Lunch and dinner



No comments: