Thursday, March 6, 2008

Restaurant review: Cindy's Seafood & Country Market

**2016 Update--Cindy's is closed**

Second stop on our "eat and drink" trip to the Lowcountry was Cindy's Seafood (aka Cindy's Shrimp Shack). We picked a warm sunny February afternoon for our late lunch at Cindy's.

After studying the menu and placing our order, we headed out to the front porch to grab a table and chairs in the sun. The waitress quickly brought our basket lunches. My husband had ordered the fried shrimp (locally caught shrimp) and I had the fried oyster roll. Both lunches were served with hand cut french fries (I told you the diet was out the window!).

I found the food to be very good. Everything was freshly prepared. While we were given ample portions for lunch, this is not a place for a cheap, quick bite. Our two meals, soda and a glass of water cost around $25.00. Regardless of price, I enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I'll be back for another lunch.

Cindy's does carry organic produce, fresh fish, and prepared food items to carry out. To ready another review of Cindy's , click here.

Here's a preview of choices offered at Cindy's Seafood Market:


No comments: