Regardless if you’re looking for quick and casual dining or fine dining, it can be found near Seabrook. You just have to know where to look. To help your culinary quest, I’m attempting to list the restaurants that I know of near Seabrook and Kiawah.
Whether you live in the Lowcountry or are just visiting, it is always a good idea to call the restaurant first. Operating hours change frequently and restaurants do go out of business (we lost two old favorites in 2008—Cindy’s and Chez Fish).
Seabrook Island Restaurants:
- Inside the Seabrook gate, the Seabrook Island Club operates the only food establishments . Currently, the Island House and Bohicket's Lounge are open.
- Directly outside the Seabrook gate, one can find Red Sky. Red Sky has reopened last fall under new ownership. Chef Matt Bolus appears to be bringing some food and beverage creativity to Seabrook.
Rosebank Cafe(843-768-1807) is a perennial favorite serving up traditional Lowcountry fare.*CLOSED*
- Fischer's Sports Pub and Grill (843-243-0210) is another longtime mainstay.
The Bistro at Bohicket (843-768-2424) serves sandwiches and burgers for lunch; pizza and pastas for dinner.*CLOSED* Up Da Creek (843-243-0512) serves up seafood. If it's nice weather, request to eat outside overlooking the marina.*CLOSED*
- Parrot Cove Ice Cream Cafe (843-301-1919)
- King Street Grille
- Ladles Homemade Soups
- Pizzeria Venti
- Java Java
- Vincent's Drug Store
- Marble Slab Creamery
- Newton Farms has some great "heat and eat" prepared foods.
Main and Maybank:
El Mercadito: (843-559-7216) 3575 Maybank Hwy*CLOSED*
- JB's Smoke Shack
- Fat Hen
- Mustard Seed: (843-762-0072) 1978 Maybank Hwy
- Wild Olive-coming soon
Hickory Hawg (843-557-1121) 2817 Maybank Hwy*CLOSED*
Savannah Hwy (aka Hwy 17):
I'm sure there are plenty of restaurants I've left off the list. If you have a favorite, tell us about it.