For those of you visiting Seabrook Island and Kiawah Island with your four-legged friend, here are some great dog parks for Fido to romp:
Charleston County operates three off leash dog parks.
James Island County Park
871 Riverland Dr.
Charleston, SC 29412
Wannamaker County Park
8888 University Blvd.
North Charleston, SC 29406
Palmetto Islands County Park
444 Needlerush Pkwy.
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Other Off-leash Dog Parks:
• Ackerman Park Dog Run-55 Sycamore Dr (Off of 61), West Ashley
• Hazel Parker Dog Run-70 East Bay Street, Charleston
• Hampton Park Dog Run-Rutledge Ave. and Grove St., Charleston
Downtown Charleston Dog Parks: (*note*-most of these are "on-leash only" parks)
• Alberta Long Park-Halsey St.
• Allan Park- 365 Ashley Ave.
• Ansonborough Fields- Concord St.
• Brittlebank Park- Lockwood Blvd.
• Cannon Park – Rutledge Ave.
• Chapel Street Triangle – Chapel St.
• Charleston Maritime Center- 10 Wharfisde St.
• Colonial Lake – Broad St.
• Horse Lot- Chisolm St.
• Marion Square- Meeting St.
• Moultrie Park -41 Ashley Ave
• Tiedemann Playground- 40 Elizabeth St.
• Washington Park – 80 Broad St.
• Waterfront Park- 1 Vendue Range
• White Point Gardens-2 Murray Blvd
Other area Outdoor On-leash Parks:
• Charleston Towne Landing West Ashley
• Folly Beach County Park-1010 W. Ashley Ave. Folly Beach
• Fort Moltrie, Sullivans Island
• Isle of Palms County Park-1 14th Ave, Isle of Palms
• Johns Island Park-1770 Bozo Ln
• Magnolia Plantation
• North Charleston Park Circle
• Sunrise Park James Island
• West Ashley Greenway
• West Ashley Park
Please remember to follow the dog park rules. To view Charleston County's rules, click here.
Get out and play!